The annual Irish festival in Liverpool is about to take place so the Liverpool Echo listed 10 things the two have in common. Number three on the list are ships and specifically Titanic. The list (from top to bottom)is:
1. Distinctive Scouse accent.
2. People of Irish descent living in Liverpool.
4. The number of Irish pubs in Liverpool.
5. Irish music is popular.
6. Football (soccer for those in the USA).
7. Famous Irish poet William Butler Yeats made many trips to Liverpool.
8. Irish street names.
9. Politicians with Irish backgrounds/ancestry.
Source: Ten connections between Liverpool and Ireland (4 Oct 2015, Liverpool Echo)